Tuesday 28 September 2010

Paper, paper everywhere

"Must get data, must get data".

Muttering my new mantra, I have finally emerged, relatively unscathed, from a mound of paperwork.  


Every spare minute has been spent deciphering the virtually illegible scrawls recording the past year of my PhD adventures!

It is review time and I have been collating data, drawing graphs and sifting through images.  Submission of my report detailing my work is required to continue my studies (and hopefully impress my supervisory team).  I have been beavering away compiling a complete compendium of my research to date, hence my absence from the 'blogosphere'.

Surprisingly, this has not been an easy task.  I am reminded about time.  The past (how little I feel I've achieved), the present (punctuated by repetitive strain injury brought about by vigorous typing) and the future (so much left to do...).  

Report emailed.  


A clear mind yields positive results in the lab.  Cue heavy breathing (not dissimilar to Darth Vader) courtesy of my protective respirator, I add a little dash of APMA to my protein sample.  WOO HOO! With successful protein activation complete I can now focus on getting some tangible data.


Year Two begins...



 
 QTDKVU3VQE2K
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment